Wills, trusts & Executries
WRITING YOUR WILL
It is essential to have a good Will and we can assist you with this. A good Will ensures that your wishes are carried out and that proper provision is made for those you care about.
POWERS OF ATTORNEY
The legal position of Powers of Attorney improved dramatically with the introduction of the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act in 2001. It is now possible to make a Continuing Power of Attorney and a Welfare Power of Attorney. We can discuss matters and advise as to the best solution in your situation before proceeding to draft the appropriate Power of Attorney.
The death of a relative or friend is a stressful time and many difficult decisions may have to be made. We can assist in the process of winding up an estate. We can petition the court to obtain confirmation, advice on inheritance tax issues, take you through how an estate should be divided if there is no will and advise on a whole range of issues that might arise.
We are able to advise on Wills, Trusts and Executries thoughout Scotland.
our area of expertise
- EXPERIENCE Our partners have many years experience, as do the highly skilled members of staff who support them.
- CLIENT FOCUS The needs of our clients are paramount to us. We strive always to protect and promote your interests.
- COMMUNICATION We believe that communication with our clients should be clear and do our best to use as little legal jargon as possible.
- PROGRESSIVE OUTLOOK We are a progressive and forward looking firm of solicitors, committed to the application of information technology to our legal practice.
- EFFICIENT FRIENDLY SERVICE We are large enough to offer a wide range of services and small enough to offer a personal, friendly service.